- Image via Wikipedia
Halloween Trick-or-Treating Guide:
Common-sense practices for a fun night out trick-or-treating on Halloween
- A parent or responsible adult should always accompany young children during their neighborhood rounds.
- Remind Trick-or-Treaters to:
- Carry a flashlight.
- Walk, don’t run.
- Stay on sidewalks.
- Obey all traffic and pedestrian regulations.
- Avoid hiding or crossing the street between parked cars.
- Stay in familiar neighborhood
- Wear a watch that can be read in the dark.
- Make sure costumes don’t drag on the ground.
- Avoid wearing masks while walking from house to house.
- Approach only houses that are lit.
- Be cautious of animals and strangers. Never enter a stranger’s home or car for a treat.
- Accept treats only in doorways, never inside houses.
- Say thank you after receiving your treats.
- Bring treats home to be inspected before eating any
- Throw away any unwrapped, opened, or suspicious items.